Covenant Fellows Program
The purpose of the Covenant Fellows Program is to give students called to Christian ministry personal and professional support as they further their undergraduate development into competent and holistically educated ministers/professors/missionaries.
HCU covenants with our students and with local churches to provide educational and professional experiences that will prove beneficial to both those studying in the program and those churches supporting and employing our ministerial students.
Cadre Sessions will be monthly gatherings of individuals in the program with a local minister, academic, and/or successful Christian layman to discuss the needs, trials, joys, and processes of full-time vocational ministry.
These events will be structured around particular topics and situations relating to ministerial calling and vocation.
Mentors from HCU, including alumni in ministry, area ministers, and other professionals, will hold monthly or bi-monthly mentorship meetings with individual students to discuss their experiences and lessons learned in the program as well as continue to network with local ministries and churches.
Both the cadre and mentoring sessions will work for the benefit of the student and the local church.
All students in the program will be placed in an internship by at least their junior year (CF 3). These internships will take part in local churches and/or parachurch ministries.
Students will have the opportunity to experience and serve in the vocational life of a ministry which will support and further ties between HCU and the local community.
End of semester evaluations will take place between the student, internship site, and HCU to further improve and learn from the internship experience.
- Must have a competitive SAT and/or ACT score, and a competitive high school GPA
- Must communicate a clear call to vocational Christian ministry
- Must have a proven record of church, community, and leadership involvement
- Must provide a recommendation from (1) current church minister and (2) high school educator
- Must either major or minor in Christianity
- Must attend an accredited seminary or masters program after graduation*
- Must serve at least 1 year of college as an intern at local church and/or parachurch ministry.
- Must attend at least 3 cadre sessions each semester dedicated to ministerial preparation.
*Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This requirement can be adjusted in certain circumstances at the discretion of the Covenant Fellows Director.
Please apply here:
For more information please come by our office area, second floor in the Brown right above the HCU Bookstore and connect with Nathan Mahand, firstname.lastname@example.org.